- New section added to website about Cardiac deliverables
- New section added to prjoect website about the status of the Cardiac project
- Seminar on Priorities for Standardisation of Accessible User Interfaces to be held on19th January 2012 in London
- Report on technology transfer for assistive and accessible information and communication technology systems
- Report on an introduction to the key issues relating to accessible user interfaces
- The project is holding a workshop on user interfaces in June 2011 in San Sebastian. Background material for this meeting
- The meeting on developing a roadmap for research on user interfaces for people with disabilities will be held on 28th - 29th June 2011 in San Sebastian, Spain.
- The proceedings of the seminar on Smart Living are now available.
- Cardiac are holding a meeting on technology transfer in Cyprus in October.
- PhoneAbility are hosting a seminar - Smart Living - The Way Forward for Disabled and Older People
- OSS Watch, the open source software advisory service, has published a guide to computer hardware and software accessibility issues, which outlines the main areas of activity and provides links to accessibility communities and sources of further information.
- Reports in the US suggest that the government there is committed to accessibility standards. However, there have also been comments that the takeover of software company Sun by Oracle jeopardises the GNOME accessibility project.
- The Equality Challenge Unit has published a report about access to higher education for people with sensory impairments in response to concerns that students who are blind or partially sighted, deaf or hard of hearing, or within the autistic spectrum are disadvantaged by their campus environment. The report looks at the issues and solutions, including the use of assistive technology.